This week’s recipe comes from Low Fat Low Carb, a healthy eating website with so many healthy recipes, including lunches and dinners packed with lean meats, fresh hearty veggies, and flavorful sauces that will make you forget that you’re missing the fat and carbs! Curry chicken and shredded greens is sure to please your taste buds!
Curry Chicken and Shredded Greens
12 oz ground chicken
1/2 savoy cabbage, chopped/shredded
15 grape tomatoes, kept whole/chopped in half
2 green onions, chopped
bunch kale, roughly chopped
1 zucchini, finely sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce, or tamari
1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
sea salt & pepper, to taste
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tbsp grape seed oil, for skillet
- In a large pan, heat grapeseed oil over medium-high.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, and green onion and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add ground chicken and cook for 5-10 minutes or until it is no longer pink. Add zucchini, tomatoes, and cabbage to pan and stir together.
- Add seasonings, soy sauce, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar and stir together until all ingredients are combined.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add kale to pan and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until kale is wilted.