Salmon, soba, and veggies come together…
Noodle bowls are one of this year’s most trendy foods! They pack all sorts of flavors and textures in one small bowl. This one is full of protein, healthy fats, and plenty of flavor! This week’s recipe comes to us courtesy of myrecipes.com, a great source for healthy recipes that you may not find elsewhere.
Salmon Noodle Bowl
- 4 ounces soba buckwheat noodles or whole-wheat spaghetti
- 5 ounces asparagus, cut in thirds
- Cooking spray
- 1 (6-oz) salmon fillet, skin off, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Zest and juice of 1-2 limes (3 TBSP juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 4 ounces cucumber, skin on, cut into medium pieces
- 1/2 small avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
How to Make It
Step 1: Cook the noodles in boiling water until soft (about 6 minutes for soba, 8 for spaghetti). Transfer with tongs to a strainer. Add asparagus to same boiling water. Cook until al dente (about 2 minutes); rinse under cold water.
Step 2: Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Coat lightly with cooking spray. Cook the salmon until cooked through, turning pieces (about 2-3 minutes per side). Reserve.
Step 3: Make the vinaigrette: Whisk together sesame oil, lime zest and juice, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Combine the noodles, asparagus, and vinaigrette in a medium serving bowl.
Step 4: Add the cucumber and avocado; toss to coat. Just before serving, add salmon. Serve warm or at room temperature, or make up to 4 hours ahead and keep refrigerated in an airtight container