Wedding season is underway! Wondering how much your gift should cost?
With wedding season in full swing, guests everywhere are asking the same question….
How much money should I give the newlyweds? Though most guests will spend an average of $109 this year, the average cost rises to around $150 if the recipient is a close family member.
What’s the most expensive gift you’ve purchased for a bride and groom?
Looking for a few inexpensive gift ideas? Check these out below!
Date Night in a Box – it’s a thoughtful, cheap gift that can help newlyweds feel connected. Using decorative shoe boxes fill the “Date Night Box” with the following items:
- Super-soft throw blanket (find one at a discount store like Marshall’s or T.J.Maxx)
- Romantic comedy DVD (DVDs cost only $3 to $5)
- Gourmet popcorn
- Wine or a couple of vintage soda bottles
- Some boxes of movie theater-style candy
- Beach Vacation: A couple of matching beach towels, sunscreen, and some good beach reads.
- Adventurous Vacation: Skiing or hiking trips could use a first-aid kit, sunglasses, trail mix, and a disposable camera.
- Theme Park Vacation: Mickey Mouse ears for the bride and groom, matching T-shirts, and water bottles.
- European Vacation: Maps for the countries they’re visiting, cute passport holders, and luggage tags.
- Road Trip: A prepaid gas card, road maps, mix CDs, and some healthy snacks
Visit a local wine and spirits shop and speak to the wine expert there. Ask for a semi-inexpensive bottle of wine (in the $20 to $40 range) that will taste even better in 10 years. Then, you can wrap the bottle with a note that instructs the bride and groom to drink up and toast their love on their 10th anniversary.