Natalie Portman To Play A Female Thor!
Natalie Portman is coming back in the next “Thor” movie . . . as a female Thor!
The movie is called “Thor: Love and Thunder”, and it’s due out in November 2021…
Natalie’s character, Jane Foster, became a female Thor in the comics, so they’re just borrowing that story line for the movie!
Natalie said, “I’ve always had hammer envy.”
What do YOU think of the introduction of a female Thor?
A New “Doctor Strange,” Some LGBTQ Characters And More In Marvel’s Comic-Con Announcements…
Marvel dropped a TON of new information at Comic-Con this weekend…
Marvel released a timeline for the next few years, and it does NOT include a new “Avengers” movie…
It’s not clear if there’ll ever be another one, but obviously, the team will look a lot different if there is.
Here’s what’s coming:
May 1st, 2020: “Black Widow,” which could be a prequel given where things stood with her character after “Endgame”
November 6th, 2020: “The Eternals”, starring Angelina Jolie, Kumail Nanjiani, and Salma Hayek (There’s also an LGBT character in this one.)
February 2021: “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings”
May 7th, 2021: “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness,” starring Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch
November 5th, 2021: “Thor: Love and Thunder”
Marvel also announced several projects that don’t have release dates yet, including sequels to “Black Panther,” “Captain Marvel,” and “Guardians of the Galaxy”!
They’re also bringing back “Blade,” but with Mahershala Ali taking over for Wesley Snipes…
And, since they acquired the rights when they bought Fox, Marvel is taking yet another crack at “The Fantastic Four”!
“X-Men” and “Deadpool” also came with that purchase, but nothing specific was announced this weekend…
The head of Marvel did suggest that there’ll be more “X-Men”, though, and the creator of “Deadpool” said a third movie will happen soon.
Marvel also has four new series headed to the Disney+ streaming service: “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier”, “Loki”,”WandaVision”, and the animated show “What If . . . ?”
What upcoming Marvel film are YOU the most excited for?
“The Lion King” Shattered Box Office Records…
This past weekend, the new “Lion King” movie was a MASSIVE success!
It made $185 million in its first weekend out, and $531 million worldwide!
And here are some of the records it set…
1. Biggest Domestic Opening of All Time for a Disney Remake
2. Biggest Disney Opening of All Time, Outside of Marvel and LucasFilm
3. Biggest Domestic Launch Ever for a PG Movie, Animated or Otherwise
4. Biggest July Opening of All Time
5. Ninth-Biggest Domestic Opening of All Time
“The Lion King” received a rating of just 54% on Rotten Tomatoes, but had an audience score of 89%.
Here’s this weekend’s Top 10 at the box office:
1. “The Lion King,” $185 million
2. “Spider-Man: Far From Home,” $21 million. Up to $319.7 in its 3rd week.
3. “Toy Story 4,” $14.6 million. Up to $375.5 million in its 5th week.
4. “Crawl,”$6 million. Up to $23.8 in its 2nd week.
5. “Yesterday,” $5.1 million. Up to $57.6 million in its 4th week.
6. “Stuber,” $4 million. Up to $16.1 in its 2nd week.
7. “Aladdin,” $3.8 million. Up to $340 million in its 9th week.
8. “Annabelle Comes Home,” $2.7 million. Up to $66.6 million in its 4th week.
9. “Midsommar,” $1.6 million. Up to $22.5 million in its 3rd week.
10. “The Secret Life of Pets ,” $1.5 million. Up to $151.6 million in its 7th week.
What did YOU think of the “Lion King” remake?
A Portion Of M-10 To Be Renamed “Aretha Franklin Memorial Highway”…
Officials are currently working on formally dedicating part of M-10 to Aretha Franklin!
Earlier this month, Gretchen Whitmer signed a legislation to name part of the freeway in Detroit, between Livernois and I-94, the “Aretha Franklin Memorial Highway”!
The Queen of Soul, who was a Detroit native, died in August of 2018 at 76 years old.
This is not the first dedication given to Franklin since her death…
Chene Park was officially renamed “Aretha Franklin Amphitheater” in May 2019.
What do YOU think of the new memorial to Aretha Franklin?