More students are turning to online schooling.
The numbers show there are currently more than 11,000 students in the state choosing to get their high school diploma online.
A 14 year old student from Westland is an example of one of the many and it was due to bullying.
According to the Michigan Department of Education, there are only 13 verified virtual schools in the state.
James Middleditch, Assistant Director of WAY Michigan virtual school says bullying is one reason students are turning to them. They also service low-income students having to work to support families, students involved in sports or other on the road activities, or teens who have children.
These schools are the verified virtual schools in the state of Michigan:
- Michigan Connections Academy
- ICademy Global
- Great Lakes Cyber Academy
- Michigan Great Lakes Virtual Academy
- LifeTech Academy
- WAY Michigan
- Insight School of Michigan
- Highpoint Virtual Academy of Michigan
- Success Virtual Learning Centers of Michigan
- Michigan International Prep School
- Michigan Online School
- Lighthouse Connections Academy
- Uplift Michigan Academy
Would you consider online schooling?