As we previously reported, Megan Thee Stallion recently filed a lawsuit against her record label 1501 Certified Entertainment and its owner Carl Crawford. Following making headlines regarding the issues that she has with 1501 and Crawford, the Houston rapper has announced a new project entitled Suga.
On Wednesday (Mar. 4), Hot Girl Meg took to Instagram to announce the new project. She shared the cover art for it and wrote, “SUGA 3/6,” in her caption.
The nine-track project only has two guest appearances: Kehlani and Gunna. Kehlani is featured on a song titled “Hit My Phone,” while Gunna appears on a track titled “Stop Playing.”
Suga drops on Friday (Mar. 6). Earlier this week, Megan Thee Stallion went on Instagram Live and announced that she couldn’t release any new music because her first record label 1501 stopped her from doing so after she inquired about renegotiating her contract.
A Harris County district judge in Texas has granted Megan a temporary restraining order, which prevents 1501 from blocking the music that the “Hot Girl Summer” rapper is preparing to release on Friday (Mar. 6).
In the lawsuit, Megan detailed what she feels is unfair in her record contract. For example, Megan stated that her record deal states that 1501 Certified Entertainment receives 60% of her income that she earns from recording and that the remaining 40 % goes to her. However, Megan is responsible for paying the engineers, mixers, and any featured artists on her songs. Megan also claims that her live performances benefit 1501 more than they benefit her.