Primary Menu

J Steele

3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m

EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND - JANUARY 24: Tourists wear face masks as they visit Edinburgh Castle on January 24, 2020 in Edinburgh, Scotland. It has been confirmed that 14 people in Scotland with symptoms have tested negative for the coronavirus, which has killed at least 26 people in China. A daily incident management team has been created by the Scottish government to monitor the developing situation. (Photo by Jeff J Mitchell/Getty Images)

If you thought this virus only affected the elderly, think again.TMZ reported today that  a 34-year-old man has died in California after testing positive of coronavirus just days ago, and 2 weeks after visiting Walt Disney World and Universal Studios in Florida.

While there are probably people who are younger that have died from this disease, this is the youngest that’s been reported that I’m aware of anyway.

Jeffrey Ghazarian from Glendora, CA, died Thursday morning at a Pasadena hospital after spending 5 days hooked up to a ventilator and battling for his life, according to his family.

His sister says … “He suffered a lot and put up a good fight. We will miss our Jeff everyday but we are thankful for all the fun happy memories of the times we had together.”

According to his family, he flew from L.A. to Orlando on March 2nd for a work conference, but stayed a few extra days to visit Disney World and Universal theme parks with friends.

Days later on the 7th, he developed a cough, and the next day he coughed up blood. He flew back to LAX on March 9th and immediately went to the ER, where he also had a high fever.

The family says a chest x-ray confirmed Jeff had pneumonia, and he was tested for COVID-19 and sent home with fluids and antibiotics and instructed to self-quarantine until he got the results back.

We’re told the results came back positive on March 13th, and Jeff was provided a portable oxygen meter to keep an eye on his levels which took a turn for the worse that afternoon.

On March 14th, he was taken by ambulance to the hospital and quickly transferred to the ICU when it was discovered his lungs were 60-70 percent blocked with pneumonia. Doctors decided the best path forward was to sedate and intubate, hoping a ventilator would help his lungs heal.

The family claims that he was approved for antiviral meds, but the medication was delayed in getting to him, he took a turn for the worse and passed away Thursday morning.

It does appear that Jeffrey was a higher-risk patient. He had a history of asthma and frequent bronchitis as a child, though he outgrew that. He also had undergone surgery for testicular cancer back in 2016.

The CDC now says young people can also be at grave risk.

The time is now to take this virus seriously and to remain proactive. Social distancing is a MUST! Wash your hands, stay home and stay safe.