What are the best and worst TV finales of all time? To find out, someone did a little deep-diving into the ratings on IMDb. They scanned the list to find the top TV shows that have ended, and out of that list of popular shows, took a closer look at each TV show’s rankings both for the show overall and for its last episode.
The best TV shows, ranked by their final episodes:
- Breaking Bad – Breaking Bad was widely regarded as one of the greatest television series of all time.
2. Chernobyl – The five-part series premiered in the United States on May 6, 2019, and concurrently in the United Kingdom on May 7, to critical acclaim.
3. The Office – Aired on NBC from March 24, 2005, to May 16, 2013, lasting a total of nine seasons.
4. Avatar: The Last Airbender – Avatar was commercially successful and was acclaimed by audiences and critics, who praised its art direction, soundtrack, cultural references, humor, characters, and themes.
5. Person of Interest – CBS said that Person of Interest was, ratings-wise, the fastest-growing drama on broadcast television from the 2011–12 season to the 2012–13 season.
6. The Americans – The Americans premiered in the United States on January 30, 2013, and concluded on May 30, 2018, after six seasons.
7. Hannibal – The TV show has garnered a cult following and is considered by critics and audiences as one of the best series of the horror genre, and one of the best TV series of all time.
8. Friends – 52.5 million viewers watched the finale on May 6, 2004, making it the most-watched entertainment telecast since the Seinfeld finale in 1998. The finale was the fourth most-watched series finale in television history.
9. Parks and Recreation – The series aired on NBC from April 9, 2009 to February 24, 2015, for 125 episodes, over seven seasons. A special reunion episode aired on April 30, 2020.
10. Spartacus – On June 4, 2012, Starz announced that the 4th season of Spartacus (War of the Damned) will be the final one for the series.
How does your favorite show rank? click here —> … FULL LIST