As the pandemic moves into the summer months, several counties across Michigan are canceling or postponing their Fourth of July events as a safety precaution.
Below is a list of some Independence Day events in Oakland County that are canceled due to the coronavirus.
- Clarkston Independence Day Parade is canceled
- Wolverine Lake Tiki Night Fireworks on July 3 is canceled
- 2020 Clarkston 4th of July parade is canceled
- Highland Township Red, White & Blues Fireworks postponed to Sept. 5
- Holly fireworks on July 4 is canceled
- Milford 4th of July Independence Day Parade is canceled
- Seymour Celebration in Oxford is canceled
- Rochester Hills, Festival of the Hills event is postponed until further notice
- Waterford Township, Lake Oakland Fireworks canceled
- Wixom Lite the Night Fireworks is canceled
- Huntington Woods holding Virtual 4th of July Parade
Fireworks are cheaper than ever this year and there’s a huge surplus because of all the canceled shows and events. Needless to say, I’m enjoying the nightly shows in my neighborhood.
Did you see your city on the above canceled fireworks list? Do they plan on having an event where you live??