Happy National Bagel Day! Who doesn’t love a warm, crusty-on-the-outside, soft-on-the-inside bagel right after it’s baked? So good!
Did you know that the first bagel can be traced back to the 1600s?
Here are five more fun facts about the bagel!
- The earliest mention of bagels comes in the 1610 Community Regulations of Krakow, Poland (via MentalFloss.com).
- Bagels have been to outer space! In 2008, Astronaut Greg Chamitoff took 18 bagels into the next galaxy (via EatThis.com).
- Bagels are the only bread is boiled before baked. That makes them special!
- Dec. 11 is National “Have a Bagel” Day.
- The biggest bagel on record was 868 pounds (via EatThis.com). Wow!
Anne Erickson's love for music drew her into radio, and she started shortly after graduating from MSU. She has a passion for rock and metal, plus local music. She also fronts the band Upon Wings. Email Anne at erickson@WRIF.com and tweet at her @AnneErickson!