Demi Lovato, John Legend, Highlight ‘Celebrating America’
Tom Hanks hosted a star-studded event to celebrate the inauguration of President Joe Biden and Vice-President Kamala Harris from Washington D.C. Among the highlights:
- Justin Timberlake and Ant Clemens performed “Better Days” from the historic Stax Records Studios in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Multiple Grammy nominated band the Black Pumas performed their song “Colors” from their hometown Austin, Texas
- John Legend performed Nina Simone’s “Feeling Good” at the Lincoln Memorial, where Tom Hanks hosted the show from.
- Towards the end of the show, Demi Lovato — sporting a new short haircut, dyed pink, performed a cover of Bill Withers’ “Lovely Day,” from Los Angeles. as videos of Americans (including Lin Manuel Miranda) sang and danced along with her on video. President Joe Biden and his family were seen watching the performance on video from in the White House.
- The show ended with Katy Perry performing “Fireworks” from the Lincoln Memorial while President and Dr. Biden watched.
Sign me up for the 105.1 the Bounce email newsletter!
Stay locked in with everything 105.1 the BOUNCE and become a BOUNCE VIP! VIP members can win prizes, concert tickets & get updates on everything Detroit!