Cedar Point officially opens for the 2021 season this Friday (May 14), but if you’re hoping to show up and buy a ticket, you’re out of luck.
The park has announced a handful of changes this season, and one is that reservations are required for Cedar Point and Cedar Point Shores Waterpark.
“Due to social distancing, we must limit the number of guests at the park,” the Park states on their website. “You must purchase your Season Pass or ticket online or on the Cedar Point mobile app prior to visiting the park.”
A few additional changes include dropping the park’s temperature checks and previous outdoor mask requirement.
Here’s the full list of major changes to the park this year (via CedarPoint.com):
- Reservations will be required for Cedar Point and Cedar Point Shores Waterpark. Both Season Passholders and Single Day Ticketholders will need reservations.
- Temperature checks for guests have been discontinued.
- The health screen questionnaire will be conducted by associates at all entrance gates and will not be through the Cedar Point mobile app.
- There will be no limitations to ride capacity, but social distancing remains in place while waiting in line. Face coverings are recommended while riding rides.
- Guests aged 10 years and older are required to wear face coverings while indoors, unless actively eating and drinking. Face coverings are not required outdoors unless it is not possible to maintain 6’ of social distancing.
- Face coverings should completely cover the nose and mouth, and not have exhalation valves or vents, which allows virus particles to escape.
For more information and to buy tickets, go here.