Driving can be a lot of fun, especially when it involves taking scenic road trips across Michigan in the fall. But, sometimes, driving can be downright scary.
If you’re someone who hates being at dangerous intersections, you might want to avoid some of the most dangerous ones in Michigan.
A recent report put together by personal injury firm Michigan Auto Law compiles the most dangerous spots in Michigan, using data from the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit. As it turns out, some of Michigan’s most dangerous intersections in 2020 are in the Detroit area.
Here’s the top 10, via Michigan Auto Law:
- 1. 18 1/2 MILE RD @ VAN DYKE AVE, Sterling Heights, 131 Total Crashes, 8 Injuries
- 2. 11 MILE RD/I 696 @ VAN DYKE AVE, Warren, 124 Total Crashes, 33 Injuries
- 3. US 131 @ WEALTHY ST, Grand Rapids, 114 Total Crashes, 23 Injuries
- 4. MARTIN PKWY @ PONTIAC TRAIL, Commerce Twp, 110 Total Crashes, 4 Injuries
- 5. SCHOOLCRAFT RD @ TELEGRAPH RD, Redford Twp, 108 Total Crashes, 27 Injuries
- 6. BURTON ST SW @ US 131, Grand Rapids, 89 Total Crashes, 23 Injuries
- 7. ORCHARD LAKE RD @ 14 MILE RD, Farmington Hills, 89 Total Crashes, 11 Injuries
- 8. 12 MILE RD @ I 94, Roseville, 88 Total Crashes, 31 Injuries
- 9. TELEGRAPH RD @ 12 MILE RD, Southfield, 88 Total Crashes, 20 Injuries
- 10. CONNER ST @ I 94, Detroit, 79 Total Crashes, 21 Injuries
Find the most dangerous roundabouts here.
A few of our favorite things about Michigan:
Anne Erickson's love for music drew her into radio, and she started shortly after graduating from MSU. She has a passion for rock and metal, plus local music. She also fronts the band Upon Wings. Email Anne at erickson@WRIF.com, follow her on Instagram at @EricksonAnne and tweet at her @AnneErickson!