NEW YORK, NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 12: Travis Scott attends the 2021 MTV Video Music Awards at Barclays Center on September 12, 2021 in the Brooklyn borough of New York City.

We previously reported that Travis Scott has offered to pay for the funerals of the victims of Astroworld, including the youngest victim of the festival, nine-year-old Ezra Blount. Blount’s family has declined Scott’s offering, according to Rolling Stone , who reports that Scott’s team reached out and offered to pay for Ezra’s funeral, but ultimately, the family decided against it.

“Your client’s offer is declined. I have no doubt Mr. Scott feels remorse. His journey ahead will be painful. He must face and hopefully see that he bears some of the responsibility for this tragedy,” Bob Hilliard, attorney to the Blount family, said, per the outlet. “There may be, and I hope there is, redemption and growth for him on the other side of what this painful process will be — and perhaps one day, once time allows some healing for the victims and acceptance of responsibility by Mr. Scott and others, Treston and Mr. Scott might meet, as there is also healing in that.”

Scott’s offer was sent by his attorney Daniel Petrocelli to Hillard and his co-counsel Ben Crump stating:

“Travis is devastated by the tragedy that occurred at the Astroworld Festival and grieves for the families whose loved ones died or were injured. Travis is committed to doing his part to help the families who have suffered and begin the long process of healing in the Houston community. Toward that end, Travis would like to pay for the funeral expenses for Mr. Blount’s son.”

Ezra’s family told the outlet that they also declined to meet Scott in person. They said this “isn’t a photo-op story.”

Scott and company have been faced with several lawsuits nearing the billions after the Houston festival claimed 10 lives.