Tekashi 6ix9ine will reportedly not be upping his security or moving from Florida, despite sustaining injuries from a brutal gym attack. A source close to Tekashi told gossip site TMZ that “he’s not going to let one incident change the way he lives.”
“He wants to continue to live as normal a life as possible and is chalking up the gym beatdown as an outlier,” the source said.
Prior to this incident, “He’s been going out in public without security over the last year without an issue,” the source claimed.
As we previously reported, Tekashi was hospitalized after being brutally beaten in a Florida gym on Tuesday (March 21), TMZ first reported. The controversial rapper was in a sauna at LA Fitness when several men ambushed him.
He was doing his best to fight off the men by himself. After the gym staff was aware of what was happening in the gym, they notified the manager. Police and EMS later arrived at the scene. The rapper was then taken to the hospital. Lazzaro said that his security was not with him during the attack.
Tekashi’s attack has not been linked to his former plea deal. In 2019, the rapper was sentenced to two years in prison for his role in the Nine Trey Gangsta Bloods gang. He faced decades on racketeering charges until he began cooperating with authorities. He landed a plea deal that ultimately put his former Bloods associates behind bars.
TMZ stated, “Tekashi has no plans on leaving South Florida, despite the attackers saying snitches weren’t welcome in their neighborhood.”