Ariana Grande is not only a great singer and businesswoman, but she is the queen of shade and clap-backs. Here are eight times she was a savage.
1. When she shut a fan down who said she doesn't sing live. - After a fan wrote, "It sounds like autotune and probably not live" on a video from her concert, Ariana shut them down. She replied, "Naw with all due respect, i could do this in your living room for you, fam. with no sound mixing or help at all. i could do it on broadway (and did). i can do it in the shower. in the car. it's my gift /it's why im here. i sing 30+ songs a night. every word. it's my thing. let me shine like damn."
2. When she minimized her relationship with Pete Davidson. - On the July 2019 cover of Vogue, Ariana Grande talked candidly about Mac Miller. Afterward, she reduced her relationship and engagement with Pete to just "an amazing distraction."
3. When she didn't care one bit about a fan's opinion. - On social media, a fan commented on a post about her, saying, "I'm sick of that ponytail." Ariana Grande simply responded, "I'm not."
4. When she shut Tekashi 6ix9ine down. - After Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber released their duet, "Stuck With U," Tekashi accused them of cheating their way to No.1. She shut that rumor down quickly, saying, "for anybody that is displeased with their placement...or racking their brain thinking of as many ways... to discredit hardworking women... i ask u to take a moment to humble yourself.”
5. When she banned Carole Baskin from her video. - When Justin Bieber shared a teaser of he and Ariana's "Stuck With U" video that featured Tiger King star Carole Baskin, Ariana was quick to point out that Baskin was not allowed in the final version. "For the record, i did not allow or approve this clip to be in the actual video. but. nonetheless. it exists and that's..... unique," she wrote on Twitter.
6. When she clapped back at Pier Morgan - Back in 2018, Morgan gave his solicited opinion about Little Mix and women in music, and Ariana wasn't having it. Not only did the singer chime in, but so did her mother. After Morgan tweeted directly at Ariana's mom, she stepped in. "I use my talent AND my sexuality all the time because i choose to. women can be sexual AND talented. naked and dignified. it's OUR choice. & we will keep fighting til people understand. i say this w all due respect but thank u, next," Ariana wrote.
7. When she was criticized about how she grieved Mac Miller - After Mac Miller passed, a fan accused the singer of milking his death. She, of course, put them in their place. She wrote, "i pray you never have to deal with anything like this ever and i'm sending you peace and love." She then added, "some of the s— i read on here makes me sick to my stomach. it scares me the way some people think and i don't like this world a lot of the time. if only we could be more compassionate and gentle with one another. that'd be sick. like f—."
8. When she silenced a body shamer. - When someone wrote, "my 9 year old sister has bigger t—s then you," about Ariana, her response was quick and harsh. She wrote, "spend a lotta time looking at your 9 year old sister's t—s?"