The WWE’s “biggest party of the summer” is live from Ford Field in Detroit on Peacock, Saturday night. Here are my predictions for every match on the show. There are currently eight announced matches on the show:
- Roman Reigns (C) vs. “Main Event” Jey Uso Tribal Combat for the WWE Universal Title
- Seth “Freakin’ Rollins (C) vs. Finn Balor for the WWE World Heavyweight Title
- Cody Rhodes vs. Brock Lesnar
- Auska (C) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Biana Belair for the WWE Women’s Championship
- GUNTHER (C) vs. Drew McIntyre for the Intercontinental Championship
- Logan Paul vs. Ricochet
- Ronda Rousey vs. Shayna Baszler
- The SummerSlam Battle Royal presented by Slim Jim
These two matches expected to announced on tomorrow’s episode of Monday Night RAW:
- Becky Lynch vs. WWE Hall of Famer Trish Stratus
- Rhea Ripley vs. Raquel Rodrigues for the Women’s World Championship
Earlier this year, I made a list of matches that had to happen at the show, and only got one and a half of them correct; GUNTHER vs. Drew McIntyre and the Bianca Belair vs. Charlotte Flair match, has Auska added to make it a Triple Threat Match.
In my defense, the Unified Tag Title match I predicted was rumored to happen, but injuries to Kevin Owens and Johnny Gargano was pulled from the card.
The WWE has been firing on all cylinders for their Premium Live Events (PLE) this year, and that is expected to continue with WWE SummerSlam next Saturday night. Even though the predictions for the match card I made didn’t exactly pan out how I expected, I feel really confident in my WWE SummerSlam match predictions, which are below.
Get more info on WWE SummerSlam on WWE.com.