Michigan’s #1 Haunted House Will Open This Weekend With Covid Changes
Haunted house junkies, this is your season!
If you were wondering whether or not your favorite Halloween attractions would actually be able to open with the COVID-19 pandemic, you’re not alone.
Fear not, the top ranked haunted house in the country opens this week with a few changes due to the coronavirus pandemic. Erebus Haunted Attraction in Pontiac will start scaring visitors on Friday, September 25. And, of course things will look quite different.
Along with a smaller number of live actors, Erebus has hired a dedicated cleaning staff. There will also be hand sanitizer stations throughout the attraction. All actors must wear face masks and stay at least six feet from guests. Makeup will be applied by airbrush limiting contact with makeup artists. Additional safety measures include:
- Masks, not the Halloween kind, must be worn from start to finish.
- Social distancing measures will be in place with a limited number of tickets sold every half hour.
- Temperatures will be checked at the door.
- More than 40 cameras will assist with traffic flow.
- Each group, max of 6, will only be allowed inside with the people they arrived with.