The City Of Dearborn Offers Tips For A Safe Halloween
With Halloween on Saturday, officials in the city of Dearborn are providing tips for a safe Halloween.
Tips for trick or treaters and parents:
- Share with your children that this year may be different than last but let them know some of the new ways you plan to celebrate and still have lots of fun.
- Talk with children about safety and social distancing guidelines and expectations. Keep a six-foot distance from others not in your group.
- Participate in one-way trick-or-treating and guide children to stay to the right to ensure social distancing.
- Trick or treat with people you live with.
- Avoid congregating in groups around houses.
- Wear a face mask covering both mouth and nose.
- A costume mask (such as for Halloween) is not a substitute for a cloth mask.
- Do not wear a costume mask over a protective cloth mask if wearing both causes difficulty breathing. Instead, consider using a Halloween-themed cloth mask.
- Only go to houses with safety measures in place.
- Check out halloween2020.org to find exciting activities and ways to celebrate Halloween this year based on levels of COVID risks in your area.
Tips for homeowners:
- Use duct tape to mark six-foot lines in front of home and leading to driveway/front door.
- Position a distribution table between yourself and trick-or-treaters.
- Distribute candy on a disinfected table to eliminate direct contact.
- Consider handing out candy in an open space where distancing is possible, rather than from the front door.
- Consider a neighborhood costume parade; it is an easy way to keep safe space between children.
How are you celebrating Halloween 2020?
Sign me up for the 105.1 the Bounce email newsletter!
Stay locked in with everything 105.1 the BOUNCE and become a BOUNCE VIP! VIP members can win prizes, concert tickets & get updates on everything Detroit!